Our SURFCAM training professionals provide you with the skills and support you need to maximize the benefits of your SURFCAM software. Our highly qualified trainers have a minimum of 15 years CAM programming and postprocessor development experience. We host 3-day training classes for all levels of SURFCAM experience, from basic to advanced. For more information, please call 1-407-327-4975 ext. 116 or email us.
(click to open)
Basic Training – (onsite or classroom)
To provide a comprehensive understanding of the SURFCAM wireframe geometry modeler for points, lines, arcs, splines. To facilitate the use of SURFCAM to create and manipulate toolpaths and G-code output to produce quality parts accurately and efficiently using 2-axis Milling, Turning, and 2-Axis Wire EDM toolpath generators. To provide an overview of SURFCAM file structures, how to activate postprocessors, and various utility programs.
- Thoroughly explain all SURFCAM menus & available hot keys
- 2D Drawing (Point, Points, Line, Arc, Spline)
- 2-Axis Machining (Pocket, Contour, Contour 3D, Drilling)
- 2-Axis TRUEMILL Machining concepts & speed/feed calculations
- Introduction to 3D wireframe geometry & surface creation
- Introduction to single and multi-surface machining
- Customizing a basic Mill and Lathe post processor
- NC Operations Manager basics
- File Management basics Machining Strategies: Family of Parts programming
Advanced Training – (onsite or classroom)
To provide a comprehensive understanding of the SURFCAM NURBS Surface modeler by various means using points, lines, arcs, splines and existing surfaces. To facilitate the use of SURFCAM to create and manipulate toolpaths and G-code output to produce quality parts accurately and efficiently using 3-axis single and multiple-surface milling techniques for 3-Axis Mills with or without rotary indexing tables.
- Review 2D Drawing & 2-Axis Machining techniques
- Review 2-Axis TRUEMILL Machining concepts
- Advanced 2 & 3-Axis programming with 4 & 5-Axis positioning
- 3D Geometry creation with Construction View support
- Machining Datum support
- Advanced 3D Surface editing using Trim/Break/Un-Trim/Extend/Offset
- 3-Axis Single and Multi-Surface Machining
- 3-Axis HSM Finishing (3D Offset, ZFinish, Steep/Shallow, Pencil Trace, Rest Milling)
- Process Template creation and usage for Family of Parts programming
- NC Operations Manager cut/copy/paste functions
Multi-Axis Training – (Onsite only)
To provide a comprehensive understanding of the SURFCAM 4- and 5-Axis toolpath generators. To provide advanced training in geometry construction techniques to support 4- and 5-Axis machining. To provide an understanding of the relationship between model and machine coordinate systems, and to understand the role of a 4- or 5- Axis postprocessor.
Post processor training – (onsite only)
To provide a comprehensive understanding of the Mpost postprocessor system provided with SURFCAM system and a thorough introduction to the Spost postprocessor system. This course will provide an in-depth explanation of the INC file format, the APT Clfile format, how toolpaths are presented to the postprocessor, additional features and information that can be sent to the postprocessor, and general syntax rules. Students will receive a thorough overview of how templates should be structured to minimize maintenance problems, and they will know which post solution (Mpost or Spost) is required to support a given machine requirement.
SURFCAM Training Registration
Payment Terms: Payment must be received before 1st day of the class, via check or credit card. Please call 407-327-4975 ext 110 for credit card processing.
Cancellation Notice: CAMCAD Technologies must reserve the right to cancel any class due to low enrollment, in such case you will be notified within 7 business days prior to class. Any monies collected will be held as a credit for the next or rescheduled training class. Student may cancel their registration any monies collected will be held as a credit for the next or rescheduled class.